View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 08:15 PM
Hooligan

Default Isolation Gown Pattern Help Needed

Hi folks, the wife works in child-care and has to wear PPE gear for screening the kids. Her works provides the paper gowns but from the start the good wife was complaining about them. So i went online looking for a pattern, only to find PDF versions (while free, requires a lot of printing and time in my opinion). Off to the fabric store to see if i could purchase a paper pattern to no joy. A quick trip to the local buck store for some brown paper and headed off home to try a pattern myself. This is the result below, which i scored some brownie points with the missus Now that i have a paper pattern for this size L, how do i go about sizing the pattern up & down correctly for M & XL?

Also, any information regarding the types/suppliers of fabric suitable for the gowns would be appreciated. Any tips on tidying up the seam edge that was finished using the 401A. While i think it looks quite good, i'm not sure if the few small loose ends could be eliminated entirely. I'm picky that way (probably me that just needs more practice lol). Or maybe time to let the wife know that a serger may have to join the family soon.

Much thanks in advance for any tips/tricks, always appreciated.

Last edited by Hooligan; 06-04-2021 at 05:18 PM.