Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 07:28 AM
BillG

Default Need Help

My wife of 51 years passed 7 weeks ago.
She was an avid quilter, and I need some help in finding homes for her quilting and sewing machines, equipment and supplies.
Some specific questions:
1. She has at least 2 pristine featherweight 221s, a 1939 and a 1953. I want to keep one and sell the other. Assuming comparable condition, which should i keep? Are the values comparable.
2. She also has a Bernina 1630 Inspiration Plus and a Bernina Virtuosa 160 with dozens of feet and other attachments for each. She also has a Singer CG 590 CG. Can someone tell me what each of these machines are especially for -- what type of sewing? Which is more heavy duty? Which is easiest to use and simplest to operate?
3. I don't sew, but need to learn the basics so if I need to patch some jeans, make a pool cover, or do some other project that has a sewing component i will need a machine to use. Which of the above machines should I keep, or should I just rely on one of the featherweights for my sewing needs whatever they may be?
4. She also has a HandyQuilter Sweet 16 with 10 ft table and frame. I have it listed in ebay. Is this the best place to sell it?
5. Though not machine related, any suggestions for what I do with a dozen rotary cutters, blades (many new in the package,) several dozen associated rotary cutter rulers, a dozen pairs of high end scissors - some new, 200 packaged quilting projects she bought at various quilting shows, an 8 ft bookshelf of quilting books, a similar shelf of quilting magazines, 10 big totes of quilting fabric, plus other related stuff to numerous to mention.
I am at a loss here and would really appreciate some input. I am in San Antonio, Texas.