Thread: I'm blocked! ;)
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 03:56 AM
MarcieStone

Originally Posted by LisaInOhio View Post
I will be watching this thread to see what you decide. I have another granddaughter due in late January and I've already purchased a layer cake and some yardage from the Rue 1800 collection to make a quilt for her. It is such soft, classic and beautiful fabric! I haven't decided on a pattern either but was thinking it should be something somewhat "old fashioned" style to go with the fabrics. I love the 2nd Pinterest one you posted above (sawtooth star/puss in corner) and might consider that. I can't wait to see what you decide - and the finished product! - as it might be a while before I get to make mine. Good luck on your search!
I didn't purchase the entire range of fabrics in the Rue 1800 because my GD nixed the grays, so I bought fat quarters in 4 of the small pink florals and 4 of the green plus yardage of an ivory with tiny soft pink dots (Essential Dots by Moda) and yardage of the gorgeous tone on tone pink floral for the backing. Additionally, I have a few fabrics leftover from projects that I may use. I tried to figure out how to make that second quilt pattern work with my limited palette (pinks, greens, ivory) and I was having a hard time...mainly because I have a really difficult (if not impossible) time doing random placement! I like symmetry and order! Can I pick your brain? Do you think it would look good if I did all the sawtooth stars in the pinks and all the 9 patch in greens? And if I did that, should the border triangles still be pink? That's what I would prefer but I'm worried the whole quilt would read too much pink. Thanks for helping!