View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 06:03 PM
CaleyH

OMQ, Thanks. I've been at this a little over two months. Really never sewed anything before, except for repairing seams by hand.

I am learning slowly but surely. My biggest problem is that I am close to the 1/4 inch seam, but I still tend to wander a few 32nds here and there.

Because those seams vary a bit on each square, I tend to be a little smaller on my 12 inch squares, and that means that occasionally I lose a point here and there. No biggie. The 12 inch squares are also, occasionally a little lop sided. I used to try to make them perfectly square, but that cause me to lose a little of the 1/4 inch allowance for when i then attached another square or strip. I now don't worry about a tiny lop sided square. I just put things together, and have to be happy with what I come up with.

Regardless, I am not looking for perfection. I want to enjoy what I am doing. I figure that over the months and years, I will improve on how I do things.

I no longer have to be a perfectionist like when I was in the military, or doing a civilian job. I just try to do as well as I can, and in the process, have fun, regardless of the tiny imperfections.

Thanks

Caley