Thread: Song lyrics
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 07:57 AM
Iceblossom

Ear worms are serious business! One of my favorite bosses and I had this thing and when one of us would go by the other we'd plant an evil ear worm just as a statement or question, like "Hey Jim, you ever go dancing in the moonlight?" and that was enough. It might have been 8:30 in the morning and at 5:00 it's either still in your head or maybe you were lucky enough to switch to a marvelous night for a moondance or something else instead.

One way to get rid of ear worms is to write out the lyrics, preferably long hand. That activates a different part of the brain. Sometimes all I can do is switch it to something else, and maybe from there I can break the loop.

Me, I play it to death. Over and over with every beat and lyric correct. You never want to do that to another living person, I'm not quite sure how well the dogs take it some times. One of the bad things about that is when you have a bad/song you hate stuck in your head. warning: (hey can we do hidden text/spoiler stuff here??) Midnight at the Oasis by Maria Muldaur is a bad one for me, I have every note, inflection, pause down to a science and a snarl.

Not sure what an ear worm is? I haven't gone through all of this list but from the first 5 or so, I'd say they'd qualify but you have to know them.
https://etcanada.com/photos/163907/t.../#image-163942