View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 04:13 AM
Iceblossom

Well, I found a box of fabric that I thought I had sent to a charitable group never actually made the trip to the post office... probably already took credit for that but if not, a large box is about 14 pounds of fabric whatever that turns out to be in yardage. These are mostly nice but dated 80s prints that work well together and are going to a hospice project, mostly half yards to big enough for a back, a few fat quarters but these are really from before there were fat quarters.

Was talking about that with a friend, "hey, remember before there were precuts?"

I sent one of the ladies in the round robin project some greens, then ended using the same box of greens for my round, lots of trimmings in the crumb quilter box and using up last little bits.

It's starting to happen more often now that I start to look for a fabric that I've given away or used up. It's ok, I still really only really regret giving up one piece and I knew at the time it was a test on my commitment level to reducing fabric. Now when I realize the fabric is gone I just smile and nod my head and tell myself the reduction project is working! And then I look for something else that will work and usually find something pretty quickly even if I have to rapidly change directions.