Thread: Motor Runs
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 04:52 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
BKay, exactly why I would much rather have my vintage ladies than a plastic computerized machine. I have a beautiful Brother Embroidery machine and very seldom use it. This darn outer wheel just won't loosen up-which is why I bought an independent bobbin winder years ago.
I had a similar problem a few years ago on a Singer 503. I bought a wrench at Home Depot that worked for me. It looks like the wrench you use to remove an oil filter on a car, but it's rubber. (That 503 always stayed somewhat stiff to unscrew to fill a bobbin, but it never had a problem sewing.)
Another thing I've heard that might help is to put the machine on end, so that the oil will penetrate the wheel. (Make sure to prop it up so it doesn't fall.) I would continue to oil it everywhere until it breaks loose. That includes the underside and inside the face plate where anything "should" move. I use the term "should" move as I assume most things are not moving as they should. The problem could be anywhere and not necessarily the wheel.
bkay