Thread: Wow-Fabric
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 05:32 AM
sewingpup

ummm....I guess I must be in the snob group. I usually buy at the local quilt shops or some online. But even then I buy recognized brands.....I have bought fabric a Walmart and thought it was OK...but when I washed it....it was very thin. I did not use it in my quilt. One of the first quilts I made was mainly made of moda fabric but I needed a bit of a certain color and the only one I could find was at one of the big box stores.....over the years....that particular fabric faded to almost white while the others stayed just fine....so yep....I am leary....but we all have budgets....and it doesn't make sense to buy the most expensive fabric for a picnic quilt or for a child that will outgrow it rapidly. I stitch slowly and mostly make bed quilts for adults....so I make mine with the idea that they will be used for years so really do want to have good quality fabric in them.....Flannels are difficult. they are expensive and unfortunately, I have bought at the big box stores a few times and have always been dissappointed in the quality....sighhh....so when I want to make a special flannel quilt for someone, I pay the big bucks for the fabric.