View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 06:03 AM
Iceblossom

How lovely to be with you all again this weekend.

I'm about to turn on the music and put the last four edges around my current round robin. I've been going back and forth, do I really finish this with a long .5" finished edge as designed? I chickened out and am going to cut the edges at 2" instead of 1" to allow the next person to be able to have some adjustment for the size of their round. As I say, you can cut down but you can't cut up. Now that I've committed to my course of action, it won't take long.

After that I'm ready to get out my Frolic UFO. So far I've been able to find the mistake, make the missing pieces, and each block has all the sub-units combined into a baggie. Still a lot involved in putting the sub-units together into the blocks but I consider this the fun stage, all the hard work pieces starting to form the design.

This weekend is my actual birthday, I've never been really big on birthdays and with Labor Day I always had a holiday/day off so close enough. Usually not even a card at this point but we'll go out for a nicer than usual dinner. Since I like to plan ahead, a few years ago (57) I announced that in 2020 I'd be 60 and I expected at least a card! We aren't leaving until mid-month but my husband has planned a trip, yes we are going to travel during the plague. For the most part we will be self-contained driving and decided that small owner operated AirBnBs were the best option for us in many ways. We'll be a week on the road and a week self quarantined after that.

I will be going out on my actual birthday to one of our favorite places, but it is really that we are taking a friend of his from work out. He's moving out of the area, back home to Wisconsin. It's how the timing worked out and I am happy to share. I'm starting to wonder about my husband, he doesn't make many friends and within 2 years they all move far, far away....

Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-04-2020 at 06:06 AM.