View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 06:35 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by Schill93
I am presently miffed at Accuquilt. Over a year ago, I purchased a number of dies. One of them I had not used as of yet. It is a 5" square. So I used it about a week ago in order to make some odd sized half square triangles that I needed, but they kept coming up short. I checked my seams over and over and they were right on. Then I measured the 5" square and found that the die was off by 1/8" on one side only. Then I got the die out, and sure enough it was short on the long side of the double cut die. I emailed Accuquilt expaining the problem, and mentioned that even though it has passed the one year mark, I felt that a manufacture defect such as this should be honored with an acceptable offer for both of us. (not to mention all the fabric I wasted in pre-cutting.

I got back an email, stating that since the die has passed it's warranty period, it is unlikely they could do anything about it. They said I could take pictures of the die and pictures of the 5" square and send it to them. Well, taking a picture of the die or square that is 1/8 " short was in my estimation a frivolous request , as how in the world are they going to see the 1/8" miscut caused by the die from a picture. They would need to see the physical die to measure it for themselves.

Had they offered to replace the die, if I sent it back to them so they could check it themselves, I would have eaten the shipping charges as well as the cost of all my wasted fabric (and time). It is a manufacturer defect, and that should warrant some further consideration I feel. Anyway, that is my opinion.
I too have a few dies that are not accurate from accuquilt....I did get them several years ago. I also had one strip cutter where the blade raised above the foam surface and really was a hazard for cutting your fingers. I did not notice these problems until my year was up. My advice to folks is to test out when you get your dies to make sure they are accurate when you get them even if you do not have current project. That way you can get them exchanged before that year runs out without hazzle.