Thread: Song lyrics
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 06:55 AM
willferg

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I'm pleased to present you with one of my favorite life time ear worms, and it is in Spanish! Man, I hate it when a song I love is in another language. I figured it out phonetically back in the 1970s and got the general gist of it. Nowadays translations are easy to come by, but the problem comes when there are direct translations and what the metaphors and meanings are saying... This is the "remastered" version, a little more suited for listening than the AM transistor radio quality of the original.

Mocedades, "Eres Tu"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naAC37W42ro

Only click if you dare. Think I've done over 20 loops of this at a time. I've written out my own poetic translation. It's one of the most beautiful songs I know.
Iceblossum, I think every song you named I know and have stuck in my head on occasion, lol. I'm glad to have your solution of writing out the lyrics. Lately I've been getting songs from the Blues Brothers movie stuck in my head. "She caught the Katy, and left me a mule to ride."

I remember my mom singing Mairzie Doats to me, and then explaining the lyrics. Good memories.