View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:31 AM
Iceblossom

One of our lovely board members here sent me this gift ruler which is rapidly becoming one of my best friends. It is by Missouri Quilt Co and is bright fluorescent green in the sun, but in the house it lets me see the grid for black fabric. A very handy 2.5x8" width I'm using it for all my subunits. I was actually cutting 1.75" strips which is where the tape is, the tape also provides a little bit of grip which is nice.

My eye doctor had a talk with me last visit. He says that some of the issues I'm having, especially for example, troubles with black fabric are due from "the normal processes of aging" (nice doctor code for "macular degeneration" which unfortunately for me I'm more on the early onset side of things and that I'll be having my first cataract surgery probably within the next two-three years in order to give me the most vision possible as I can combined with my primary cornea issues.

PS/Edit: woo, I see a lot more thread on that black scrap on the picture than in real life! Sometimes a little vision fuzz maybe isn't so bad
Attached Thumbnails 100_5868.jpg