View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:50 AM
Railroadersbrat

Checking in, hoping everyone's holiday weekend is going good!

De-spidering is not fun, constantly taking the time to pull out one thing, shake it, check the floor, clean it, put that away and then repeat has been tedious but happy to report, we haven't found anymore....so far. I don't think my dogs know what to do with me right now, they lay or sit on the floor near me and just watch with the most puzzled look on their faces...it's sweet and comical at the same time.

I did manage to get some time in my quilting room late last night, I steam cleaned all of my wool mats (have three) and they're all sparkly clean and smell fresh, cleaned off my desk, reorganized my tool organizer and considering making a new one, cleaned up and oiled my sewing machine so she's squeaky clean and quiet now (she's actually been quiet since I got her back from my sewing machine guy, but she developed a quiet little tic that I had to track down and oil), cleaned out my iron with some vinegar and wiped the sole plate down with a Magic Eraser (thanks ladies for that tip, it works great!) and switched out all my blades in my rotary cutters, so I'm ready to go for my sister's quilt. Also tore down my old design wall, no spiders hiding behind it and I'll put the new one up when I start to quilt again.

I won't get much done the rest of the weekend, a friend of ours not far from us found out that her roof was damaged during some storms that blew through earlier last week and my fiance is there to fix it for her. Luckily, it's a metal roof and he's really good at that, but it will take some time since he's going to inspect her entire roof and make sure she's good for fall and winter. So going to let the rest of the weekend move along and see what crops up, but will be in my quilting room, at the very least.