View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 06:06 AM
nanna-up-north

I was fortunate enough to purchase a used LA about 3 years ago. It has the computer and I love that. The computer work is gorgeous. I have tons of sewing experience, was a home ec teacher and have had great success at quilting. But, I tell you, learning LA is a whole different thing. I thought I could pick it up easily and I do okay but I'm still not where I'd like to be. It's not the machine's fault. I need to spend more time at it, true, but I'm not good enough to do quilts for other people yet. Will I ever be good enough? I don't know.

The one thing I'd suggest to you is that you're going to need a LA dealer close enough to help answer your questions as they come up. And, they will come up. I've been in the middle of a quilt several times when I needed to call my LA dealer for help and they've been awesome to give me instructions over the phone, etc. I have a Handi Quilter machine and the techs at Handi Quilter are pretty awesome, too. My quilt guild at my summer place has a Tin Lizzie and it has never worked well since the day they bought it. And, they can't get the company to fix it, they are so unhappy. Who needs to spend that kind of money on a LA and then not be able to use it? Check on dealers close to you, that's all I'm saying.

And, good luck.

Last edited by nanna-up-north; 09-06-2020 at 06:16 AM.