Old 09-06-2020, 09:42 AM
juliasb

It is one of my favorite geometrical fabrics I have ever purchased and I have used it sparingly. To my it represents "lush" don't ask me why it does but it does. I see everyone is giving a bit of our quilting and family history here and how we came to the Booms.
I have been quilting around 30+ years now if you want to include the panel quilts I did before I started doing patch work which was about 29 years ago. I have 2 adult daughters and 5 grandchildren. I have been with my darling now for 29 close to perfect years. The sickness and health bit has been ours for sure. I have had 2 strokes early on and was disabled with serious lung disease. The cause was finally determined after some unusual testing. Turn out I have an autoimmune disease that is heredity. My blood doesn't clot correctly and sometimes not at all. So after many years of treatment I am as stable as I will ever be. I will have infusion therapy monthly for the rest of my life. In the mean time the years have not been good to my DH who suffers with dementia. and a couple other chronic illnesses.
Quilting is a benefit of major proportion , I am spoiled with all the fabrics and tools I need to spend every moment that I want quilting and sewing as much as I want. So I spend a good time of my day on the computer with my quilting groups and the rest of the time sewing. That of course leaves little time for much else. I do clean and prepare a meal from time to time. I love doing patchwork and always trying something new. and my newest quilting love affair is with Accuquilt Go! and ruler quilting. So the boom is another fun thing to enjoy with other quilters. Boom!

Last edited by juliasb; 09-06-2020 at 09:45 AM.