View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 05:42 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
It's fun to see everyone's progress.
Sadly, I just discovered I have a block trimmed 1/4" too small and no fabric to redo it. I think I have to try to put in a sliver of fabric even though it will look strange. To take up the adjoining block so they'll fit would make the quilt out of square. I have yards of every other fabric in the quilt, but only slivers of the red lines on white.
Oh no...how about putting a frame around the block using one of the other colors of the quilt? Maybe you could follow through and do that with a few other blocks so it looks like it was part of the design and intentional. What color and print are you missing? Please show a picture. Maybe someone has something very similar they can send you. I'm glad to look through my stash for you.

Yesterday got up to 112 degrees and today it is forecast to be just as hot. It's already about 80 degrees and it's not even 7AM yet. I'm getting an early start. I'm going to cook up some rice and other salad fixings and make lunch and dinner ahead of time. Sewing too...I'm going to jump on it and finish quilting my elf and that's about it. Then, it's just me, the dogs and baseball, in front of the fan.