View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 10:53 AM
Iceblossom

Had to go to Costco today to get cat food. Bad things happen around here if/when the cat gets cranky!

While there I bought a set of 10 heavy duty banker boxes to start fresh ($25) my stash sorting/storage. I'm hoping that most of the stash will fit, it will sure give me a good visual whatever happens. I also looked at plastic containers but don't really want to use them and my money goes a lot farther with the cardboard. Some of my existing boxes will probably still be used but maybe they can be the potential project boxes. These last for office storage for years, can handle the weight in them and stack nicely up to 4-5 high, but I have shelves. I do have to replace boxes periodically but will probably have at least 5 trouble free years.
https://www.costco.com/Bankers-Box-H...100355478.html

I see this as a long involved project with boxes periodically in the hallway off and on and hope to have the closet cleaned out by the end of the year. I know, that sounds like slacking but there is a lot involved, basically every piece of fabric I have will be touched and potentially ironed/refolded.

Today though, first step is to start a new designated solids box and get that taken care of. Baby steps and doable projects, I like that. I start out with a goal and try to chunk it into 15-30-60 minute increments. 30 minutes is a sitcom, 60 minutes is a CD and if I think I can sustain longer than that, I put in an old movie that I don't actually have to watch. I often sing along to Disney movies like The Little Mermaid.