View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 12:40 PM
MarionsQuilts

Originally Posted by platyhiker View Post
This is an interesting study in color placement! Your darkest fabric maps to the blue in the paper pattern; the medium print maps to the orange, and the lightest fabric maps to the yellow. However, the darkest color in the paper pattern is the orange, not the blue. As a result, the various shapes that the orange pieces make in the paper pattern are less noticeable in the fabric blocks, and the shapes made by the dark-fabric/blue-paper are much more noticeable in the fabric blocks. Both the pattern and the fabric blocks are nice, but they are quite different to the eye as a result of where the darkest elements are.
I totally messed up the fabric selection. In another thread, I bought light green, but it turned out to be LIME green LOL it was hideous.

So I went to a store with the patterned and yellow fabric, and decided on the "dark" green.

What I should have done was made the "orange" in the pattern the dark green, and the yellow and green in the pattern the yellow and patterned fabric.

But I'm almost done now LOL and I'm certainly not redoing it hahahaha .. so it will be done this way, and I will move on to another quilt soon!