Old 09-11-2020, 04:33 AM
Iceblossom

Planning! I am seriously planned about 10 years out. Sometimes the projects are planned and I look for fabric, other times the fabric speaks to me and insists to be used. This year I had a hard time getting started with my own projects, otherwise there would be two civil war fabric tops already done. But that's ok, there is always next year.

I enjoy spending some time each day sewing. I just like the way it feels. So I'm definitely about the piecing part too. I'm currently working on an UFO for someone else and am really enjoying it... I find it rather fun and freeing that I don't have to worry about getting this top quilted down, once it is pieced it just goes out of my life, and I like that!

Quilting down is an issue for me. What I want to do is a higher skill than I can achieve on my own domestic machine. I had access to a long arm for several years and got spoiled and no longer have access, a big enough house or a big enough budget. I'm still figuring out how to keep up with piecing and get my tops quilted in a timely manner. Mostly I've decided that I like the planning and piecing and maybe I shouldn't worry so much about the quilting but I am changing project styles and sizes to those that I can quilt myself.

My least favorite step of the entire process is ironing. And I believe in prewashing which therefore means ironing, so I do it (a lot of it) but I don't have to like it.