View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Kinzi

Smile Bernina Hands Down

So decision made....I just tested the the Janome M7. It’s a beautiful machine but there are to many “no’s” with regards to what it does compared to the Bernina 770QE. I can upgrade the Bernina to do embroidery in the future - you can’t with the Janome. The feel of the Bernina is much more sturdy. BUT the one important thing that swayed me was there is a great deal more educational opportunities with the quilt shop that sells the Bernina’s. Now that I am retired (well sort of because I pick up my first grade granddaughter every afternoon) I will have more time to learn this machine and to learn more sewing skills with regards to quilting.
To say this decision wasn’t stressful would be an understatement. The difference in price between the two machines is about $800. I have to go with my gut and the reliability and warranty and history of the Bernina. So I’m going from a Bernina 931 (which I will keep) to the Bernina 770QE.....wish me luck with this learning curve and thanks to everyone for their input!