Thread: Would you?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Iceblossom

Of course you should take it and go through it, keep what you want and disperse the rest to the world. But watch out, somehow word spreads that you accept fabric and people start handing it to you...

The ladies in my quilting group and I are often given handfuls to full stashes to help deal with them. We go through, clear out the trash, sort into quilting and non quilting and then donate the non-quilting fabrics and offer the quilting fabrics to others we know and then various forms of donations. A couple of interesting things I've posted here and sent far away

We have a textiles recycling group a hundred miles or so away, I volunteered to take the "non quilting" yardage up there, we had all sorts of things from canvas to bridal netting and then Covid struck. 6 months later they have still not reopened and half my couch is somewhere under 3 feet of yardage donations. I will most likely be placing a free offer on Craig's List -- must take all! I should ask my local thrift store if they will accept a prepacked container of poly blend yardage and large scraps. They used to, but I don't know about now.