Thread: Would you?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 03:23 AM
illinois

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
Just as it disappoints me that some downplay the options available at JoAnn's, it disappoints me that there are some comments here about polyester fabrics. Personally, there are some qualities of the poly/cotton blends that I like. I like the sheen that polyester has given to some of my quilts. I do not have to be concerned that poly black will fade as cotton does. Polyester has much less chance of bleeding. Cotton is a natural substance that with time can deteriorate. Polyester will last forever. Just think of all that double knit that we used to have--it will never die!--only snag maybe?
Generations of women who put scraps into quilts would be so offended by the quilters of today who think fabrics have to meet a standard to make a quilt. Waste not, want not became their motto and look at how we treasure those vintage creations.

Use what you can from that stash and share what you don't want. Use your imagination and creativity without concern what the "quilt police" think. Chances are they won't be showing up at your door anyhow.!
I wanted to edit my comment but this is what's coming up so I'm adding one more comment. If you find there are double knits in that stash, you might consider simply cutting that into squares or rectangles, stitching into something interesting and simply tying them for donation quilts. Double knit stands up well to use and laundering that it is great for utility quilts.