View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 06:44 AM
Iceblossom

Yesterday was the first birthday party for my grandbaby Joyous celebration even with the smoke in the air. Imagine twilight at 4:00 with the sun an orange frisbee in the sky.

Next couple of days I'll be doing minimal fabric playing but will be putting the house in order for our trip, we still intend to leave on Wednesday despite smoke and plague. I'm assuming I'll be off-line, but we can also assume I won't be going hog-wild buying fabric (but it's starting to sound like a really good idea...). Jordan Fabrics is still closed to the public, but I ordered fabric from them for my round robin which I've already confessed to, and that was the only fabric related stop originally planned. (don't think two yards at full price is worthy of my birthday exemption but it might be all the fabric I get) Still haven't gotten the RR, but I'm thinking it will go very well indeed with the top.

Hubby will be doing trip preparation things like checking Diners, Drive-ins and Dives to see if we are going past anywhere we want to stop. Not from Guy, but from the cooking shows I think there is BBQ in Vancouver, WA I want to look into. He has Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland on the itinerary even though we won't be going through there at a good time... he wants a maple bacon donut or whatever. It would be better timing on the way back, there is a Eugene location now but I think he wants that original ambiance.
https://www.voodoodoughnut.com/