Old 09-13-2020, 12:06 PM
Iceblossom

Ok, first off is to admit what you did. Before my husband moved to be with me, I sent him a quilt and in the last panicked bits of moving, he packed some linens of his which had been stored next to the ferrets and were stinky and it got into the quilt. We could have treated it better/easier, but he panicked and hid it from me until he really abused it.

So next thing I would try is to fill the bathtub with pretty warm warm and a small amount of baby shampoo, you can get that at the dollar store. Soak it in the bathtub, you don't want to use shampoo or dish soap in the laundry machine. Be gentle, don't pick it up by the corners while wet, stomp on it to get as much of the water and soap out before putting it back in the laundry for another round, on gentle, with a gentle normal detergent. I often advise using a laundry basket, the top with big holes in it to put the quilt in and use that to agitate it in the basket.

When you dry it, if you have laundry balls or can get them, this would be the time You can also ball up tinfoil into roughly tennis ball sizes. Dry on medium-high heat, and check often, ideally you want to remove just on the edge of dry so the last moisture is lost with cool down.