View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:25 PM
raptureready

Okay, I printed it out and took a close look. On Sewing With Nancy the other day they were doing a wonky nine patch where you took 9 squares of fabric (a little larger than you want the finished block) and stack them up. Then you make two angled cuts from top to bottom but at no particular measurement. Then you make two angled cuts from the other way. You now have 9 pieces of each fabric cut at wonky angles. Take the top layer on one section and move it to the bottom. On the second section put the top TWO pieces on the bottom, third the top three, forth the top four and so on. Now you sew all the top pieces back together. There will be nine different fabrics in that block and each of the following blocks. Syncopated Rhythm appears to be made the same way only using 6 pieces of yellows, 6 blues, etc. Stack up all the ones in the same color grouping and whack off a triangular corner. Then just keep cutting off triangles until you have FIVE with a center piece. Do the same thing as the Wonky 9 patch. Do each color grouping like that. Your cuts don't have to and shouldn't be the same on the different color groups. It's a lot simpler than it looks at first glance. After cutting your first squares there's no measuring. I think I might make one too since I'm trying to bust my stash.