Thread: Masks
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 01:01 PM
CanoePam

I started out making pleated masks with fabric ties. I knew I had a binder and could make miles of the ties in no time, so I gave all of my elastic to other sewers. Then I bought the Accuquilt medium shaped mask die. Game changer! I have done at least 150 of them, and give them away right and left. I recently bought their child sized die too, and I am well above 150 of those. I have been using a soft round elastic from Kamsnaps.com. Good price, and good quality. I also use the nylon strips she sells for nose shaping on adults. For my own sanity, I now make masks just once or twice a week for a few hours. I keep the ones I have made hanging on a rack, and visitors can take some if they want. As I accumulate excess I take them somewhere. The schools are in real need of child sized masks, and they have been very thankful for the ones I drop by there. I even made some odd ones for my granddaughter and her friend just starting trumpet at school! They had a slit for their mouth and then an added little flap to cover the mouth. Cool idea from their teacher!