Thread: Frog Stitching
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 07:00 AM
MicheleC

Default Frog Stitching

I’ve spent the last two nights ripping FMQ spiderwebs out of a quilt. This quilt is one of the first ones I made having never sewed before. It has been basted and set aside for a long time. When I started the quilting I found a couple spots where I had split seams. I figured I could deal with it using a zig zag stitch in matching thread. Then I found more. I (silly me) quilted some more with a plan to put some appliqué or patches as embellishments over the splits. I put it aside because I was tired of quilting the spider webs with all the starts and stops and burying thread ends. When I brought it back out recently, I made the decision to rip out the quilting, soak it to separate the layers, as I used spray glue to baste it, and fix the seams. I will not be quilting it with spiderwebs again. It’s been tedious to pick everything but I’m happy with my decision. I’ve learned a lot since my first quilt tops were put together and I’ll be giving my nephew a much more quality quilt when I’m done. Thank you for letting me share.