View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 10:56 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by hray View Post
I justified my foot and rulers by the fact that what I've spent on them so far is less than it would cost to send out 2 quilts for long-arming...but that justification won't work for you if you already have a long arm. LOL
Oh, I am pretty good at figuring out how to justify it. My long arm is down in the basement and it is dark and cold down there (I have a little space heater I turn on during the winter). The room is small with only two outlets, no TV, no comfy chair, I am getting old, my feet get tired when on them too long, see...I can come up with good reasons to get the ruler foot so I can work on small projects while sitting in my comfy chair and warmth during the winter....I will still use my long arm for lap and bed quilts. I make utility quilts and usually do just an over-all design free hand design on them and that does go very quickly on a long arm...tee hee Now I am figuring out how to do zoom meetings hopefully using my old laptop as the local quilt shop is doing all their class via zoom this winter...sounds like I have a lot of choices. My nephew tells me I can tether my smart phone to a TV with HMDI port and and use my TV to watch the zoom and the camera in my phone, or I can try and get my old laptop working as that does have a camera in it, or I can go buy a new device....I am just updating the old laptop as I haven't turned it on since last spring. Wish I was move techy but I will limp along with this...