Thread: Snowbirds....
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 09:55 AM
SewingSew

We own a condo in Fl and usually go there twice a year, with the idea that, when we retire, we will be snowbirds. We have chosen to stay in NH since Covid began. Our house in NH is large and in a very rural setting, so this is the best place to be right now. Also, the amenities at our condo in Fl are either closed or very restricted, as they should be during this time. And the behavior of people flocking to beaches is so very questionable. We usually go to a huge international plastics convention in Orlando every 4 years, and it is supposed to be held this year in May. My husband in a plastics process engineer and he had been looking forward to us going, with the idea that we could spend several months at the condo afterwards, and maybe head to Miami, Key West and the West Coast, but I'm just not sure I want to take the risk, for obvious reasons. Besides, if we were nervous that our health was being compromised by going to restaurants and attractions, etc., I don't think we would go, and what would be the fun in that? And BTW, neither of us trust that the numbers we are seeing are accurate. And yeah, you only live once, but I hope to remain healthy until this is over.