Old 10-04-2020, 06:40 AM
rryder

I have a composition book that I have used for the last couple of years. Each year I start off a new section. The first couple of pages are a list of my UFOs. The next 2 pages for each year are a list of shows I'd like to enter for the year. The next 12 pages are for the months. Each month only gets one page as I limit myself to a one line description of each item I'd like to be able to check off. For example:
1. UFO- Big Butterfly- finish quilting borders, bind, hanging sleeve, label.
2. enter xyz show- category, quilt, entry deadline
3. update quilt inventory
4. make storage bags for xyzzy quilt
5. anything else I want to work on like starting a new project, etc.

Some months the list contains 8 or 10 items, some months only a couple.

The page after December contains my Christmas list- and a note of what I'm doing for each individual.

I like this system because it gives me a way to focus on things that need to get done. Otherwise, I tend to wander in to my studio and get stymied by too many ideas.

For my finished quilts, I have a separate notebook where I keep an inventory of my finished quilts. 1 Page per quilt. On each quilt's page, I note information such as name of quilt, size, date started and finished, batting used, any special techniques used, etc. If the quilt is a show quilt, then I also add information on what shows it's been in, whether it has won any awards and its appraised value. I also have sections for noting where the quilt is currently located, if it was gifted to someone, or if it was sold and what the selling price was. Finally, I attach a picture of the quilt to the page.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 10-04-2020 at 06:46 AM.