View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 01:39 PM
SewingSenior

Default My LBB all wrapped up with a bow.

After 8 plus months and somewhere around 1,500 hours my Little Brown Bird is all finish with a Little Blue Bow around it. As you can see I opted for a simplified appliqued border than the original pattern for 2 reasons...1st I had read all the problems an experienced long arm quilter had encountered with the pattern border and 2nd I was just tired of this quilt and wanted it finished. So this is what I ended up with.
Pictures:
1 - The finished quilt
2 - A look at the stippling around the appliques. You can't see it but I also outlined each applique with clear thread to give it a little more loft.
3 - A section of the white sashing around the four medallion squares showing the small wave quilting.
4 - The crosshatching on the border
5 - After fighting with a few of the appliqued blocks that wanted to pucker I decided to try the old hand quilting hoop to stretch the puckers out and what do you know it worked. I did have to move it quite often, but that is better than a whole lot of pucked quilting.

Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement without which i could never have made this amazing quilt.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-finished.jpg   lbb-quilting-1.jpg   lbb-wave-quilting.jpg   lbb-cross-hatch-quilting.jpg   fmq-hoop-2.jpg  

Last edited by SewingSenior; 10-05-2020 at 01:42 PM.