View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 06:52 AM
dublb

I have been sooo busy! My DM went home from the hospital fairly quickly. She was on a clear liquid diet at first but has slowly added more & more foods. They feel that her pancreas was damaged during her colon surgery. She might suffer from this periodically.
We have a new puppy!!!! She is a rescue. #1DSis had a stray dog have puppies under her mobile home. The Mama Dog was a sweetheart but she is afraid to get closer'n 3 feet from anyone. (She's a brindle colored Mountain Curr.) She stayed there because #1Dsis's male (black) Staffordshire Bull Terrier took care of her. Wild dogs roam in packs out where #1DSis lives as it is on the edge of town. About 3 months ago a pack of those dogs killled #1DSis's Bull Terrier. Anyway if ya'll remember, #1DSis is basically disabled. She was feeding Mama Dog & her puppies but not really enough. DD went & picked out one of the brindle colored puppies about 4 weeks ago. DH & I were impressed w/how calm he is. After that #2DSis went & picked up the puppies & took 'em to her house to socialize & foster 'em. Then they trapped Mama Dog & have been working w/her. Again she isn't aggressive at all. We had been talking to #2DSis about which of the girls would work for us. A week & half ago DSis was gonna come to Midland (to see DM) & she brought 2 of the girls for us to look at. We picked the bigger of the 2 girls. Not because she was bigger but because she was so mild mannered. We already have her leash trained & are making great progress in getting her house broken. We have to use a gentle hand w/her as she was so scared of everything when she got here. She loooves her toys. OH, at 3 1/2 months old she weighs 32lbs.
We had 4 things we had told each other we wanted in a dog;
*We wanted a 2 year old dog that was mostly trained.
*We didn't want a dog that is bigger'n 50 lbs.
*We didn't want another dark dog as it is just too hot in the summer & dark colored dogs get so hot.
*We only wanted a girl.
OK we got a black puppy that will get up to at least 60 lbs.There's a good chance that she will get around 100lbs. The sire weighed 110lbs.
We did get a girl! LOL That's 1 outta 4.