View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 09:26 PM
CheriByGrace

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. It could be natural handmade quilt batting. In vintage quilts before manufactured batt were available, you had to card your own cotton and lay it out in a solid layer and then quilt. The bits that you see may be part of the cotton ball husk. As for fixing it, you could take it apart and reuse the top with a new back and batting. If that isn’t something you want to do, it can still be folded and put on display.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. You’ve given me some awesome information about what people had to do to bat their quilts. Very interesting!

Do you think the fact that this quilt was made by a company, probably a factory, could still have this problem?
Also, this is a one piece front and back, both with the same printed design on the front and back cloth.

You’re probably very good at finding your way around this forum and could easily find the other post I made about the quilt I have that is exactly like the quilt I’ve seen on the TV series, “The Walton’s”. I’d love some answers there as well. I only wish I was able to attach the pictures because the pics tell it all!

Thank you so much! I hope to see your comments again.