Thread: Am I wrong
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 08:18 AM
YC Quilter

Default Am I wrong

Am I wrong, or too fussy? I finally started to put a binding on a quilt that I had a longarm quilter do for me last August. As I was hand sewing the binding to the back I noticed a loose thread in the quilting. When I pulled on it to clip it off, 2-3 stitches came undone.. so I pulled a few more out, tied a knot and buried the threads. I then realized this was a problem all over the quilt where it seems lines of quilting were stopped or started apparently without the quilter stitching in place to anchor. So far I have found at least 60 places where this has occurred. I showed it to the quilter this morning and she got very defensive, claiming that I should just clip the small threads and the rest of the stitching would not come undone. I can’t give this quilt away thinking that lines of quilting could come undone as the quilt gets used,washed,handled. What do you think? I was taught that the stitches should always be anchored when starting and finishing a line of quilting in the middle of the quilt.