Thread: White 1514 help
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 09:19 AM
mike509

Thanks for the info Janey - I checked the 15-91, seems to be very similar. Attached are more photos of the dismantle I took (to make sure everything got put back in correct order) that describe my questions, etc.

Spring: I noticed the spring is not shaped as in the manual. The manual version shows it tightening up towards the bottom and then flaring out. Not sure if that is the issue? The thread take-up (at it's highest point) is not even at the top of the spring loop (it just pulls it the the left side (circled in yellow). I don't have a 15-91 to compare it to but it seems to be similar. I was thinking that the spring needed to be positioned out farther so it's directly underneath the "hook - figure D" - so it wouldn't pull the thread sideways, but not sure that is the issue.

Re: JA number - sticky keys. I meant to type JA 35. . Sorry.

Also: aren't the 'fingers' of the stop washer supposed to be pointing towards you (as on Singers etc)? Noticed this one was pointing away when dismantling. The unit still dials coreectly with it pointing away, was just curious.

Thanks again for any notes/suggestions -
- Mike
Attached Thumbnails white-spring-manual.jpg   whitetension.jpg   white-orign.jpeg   tension-2.jpeg   finger-1.jpeg