Thread: White 1514 help
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 08:29 AM
mike509

Thanks Janey, funny thing, I rethreaded using the Joe's suggestion + 15-90 path. Made a couple quick 'test' sew outs - + with Singer buttonholer/zigzagger - worked much better than the previous way I had it threaded. Posting the threading path from the White manual below. The issue with the White manual version of threading is that when you go thru the check spring (C) first, then "tug" the thread up into the hook (D), the thread does not sit in the loop of the check spring (but off to the left - as on my original photos circled in yellow).

If you look at the inset illustration from the manual, the thread is coming off the check spring (C) and going directly up to the take-up lever (E). If you go thru the check spring FIRST - as stated in the manual - then tug up into the hook (D), the thread would have to be coming from the hook to the take-up lever, correct? Unless I am just completely out in left field, which could be totally possible.

Re: stop washer. It seems to work just fine with the finger pointed toward machine - again, not sure if that was the previous owner's error or a difference with White assembly. I've been looking for a service/adjuster's manual but no luck, would be interested to find out correct orientation).

I'll continue to fiddle - just wanted to share that progress
Thanks again for all the input - truly appreciate it!

- Mike
Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Yes, that does show how to go through the tension assembly. However, the needle is actually threaded differently between the 15-90 and the 1514

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails sewouts-1.jpeg   sewouts-2.jpeg   threadingpath1514.png   sewouts-1-1-.jpeg