Old 10-09-2020, 11:49 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Default Rescuing/salvaging/making over - someone else's UFO

I have my own stack of UFO's - so I am careful about taking on UFO's that other people have started.

So - I can - sort of - see/understand trying to save something someone near and dear started. But - if the person that started it was capable of finishing it - and did not - was that person "that" committed to the project? And if not - why should I be?

I can also - sort of see trying to "enshrine" a memento of someone near and dear to me - even if the piece itself - if made by "just anyone" - would probably end up in a wastebasket.

I definitely avoid bringing home items that are made of very poor quality material - I will sometimes try to salvage good quality material that someone has started to make something with.

I have a tough time cutting up clothing that I consider to be "still wearable" - not quite sure why. I have a few very nice plaid shirts that could be cut up - but so far they are just looking at me.

How much of a "rescuer" are you? and how "good" (or bedraggled) are you willing to work with?