Old 03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
JCL in FL

I am a hand quilter and I always load six or seven needles when I quilt. I learned that language years ago from other hand quilters. I went to my LQS to get some thread for hand quilting and they didn't have ANY. She said they only machine quilt. I know that machine quilting is more popular and I love all the things machine quilters do. But a quilt shop that didn't have hand quilting thread.???This is only the third time I was in this shop and they are very clicky and act like anyone in their shop is an intrusion.A few years back, I went in to purchase a new machine and was told to come back some other time, they were busy. I don't think so. They lost a big sale that time. I guess I needed to vent also.It's not just the big box stores. Our Joanns has some super people, they are young but very helpful and polite.
Originally Posted by mrspete
Oh Lordy, you should see the menagerie that tend our JoAnn's. I love the comfort of a middle aged lady with experience in both sewing and the material. We have a staff of punk rockers! I cannot be convinced they have ever 'loaded a needle'. That's what one called it. I was shopping for thread and he/she said, "when I load my needles".........la la la la. I'm horrible aren't I? Guess I'd better get back to my sewing, I have some needles that need loading. chuckle