Thread: 2020 Penguins
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 07:27 AM
thimblebug6000

Here is a quote from her page, as I understand it, if you send a picture of each completed block before April 2021 she will send you her finishing instructions for free, otherwise there will be a nominal charge. She does mention some filler blocks. I really don't "need" another winter quilt, who knows, if I don't care for her layout maybe I could make it into a table topper ?? How about you, any ideas? (here is the quote-I made that sentence bold)

"There is one major difference this year: The finishing instructions will NOT be included with the last block, and I will NOT provide them for free download. Of course you are welcome to just download the free patterns and assemble them any way you like. If you do the math, nine 8″ blocks do not give you a quilt of 38″ x 49″, and I added a couple of filler rows. These are pieced (no appliqué, no penguins, just plain old patchwork), and it takes a lot more time to write instructions for this than to just place sashing around the blocks and add a border. The finishing instructions will be available separately for a nominal fee. If you collect all the blocks there will be no need to purchase the full pattern if you decide you want to assemble them the way I did. I will however send the finishing instructions for free to anyone who makes all nine blocks and sends me a picture of all of them before April 1, 2021. That gives you a whole year to make nine blocks, and I enjoy seeing what other people do with my designs. "