View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 05:56 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Good morning friends. I know it's been a while since I checked with you all. I'm not as active on the board as i have been in the past. Mostly look at the Fabric moratorium and UFO threads and then leave. I'm glad you are enjoying the new Laurie Hird quilt, and nice to see the progress you have made with it. I did finish 2 more UFO's this month and put together a baby quilt made of GGGpa's shirts. It has an improv background with low volume fabrics and then appliqued a dinosaur on the front with a gray flannel backing. Now to get it in the mail.

Things here at home/work come first I guess. I have started a new project at church...cleaning out the sewing circle room and making an limited inventory of what we have. There are several charity quilt tops that need backing and batting and trying to list what sizes they are I have gone through the "fabric" boxes and eliminate inappropriate quilting fabric and some of the poorer quality and/or smaller pieces. We usually tie the quilts, but a couple I am holding back to long arm as they are of better fabrics etc. I have a couple of boxes and some on hangers waiting for the inventory process. Then on Monday we (sewing group) sorted the sheet and pillowcase boxes and looked at what is suitable for backing and pillowcase dresses. Another gal took the pillowcases home to be washed. We have plenty of supplies to make the layette bundles we provide to our church charity. My house has been an explosion of fabric.

Then this week my brother had a house fire. He's okay with minor burns and smoke inhalation, but still in the hospital and will need to go to a rehab facility for care. The rental house is not livable and will need to find new housing. So this afternoon going to his place (an hour away) to clean out refrig and see what can be salvaged, if anything. I guess sorting plans are on hold for now. Next week my sister will be here and we will see what happens next.

I will try to check in a little more often.