Old 10-15-2020, 04:52 PM
sewingpup

ummm....I like good quality fabric but it is hard to pay full price for the fabric on the back.....so what I have done in the past is to look through the fabric on the sale rack in the quilt shops....it was fairly often that I could find a bolt with enough fabric for a backing for 50% or more off....I would buy it if I thought it would make a good backing for something....so...I have a shelf of baking fabrics and can usually find something that I like...and there have been times when I shopped in my "bargin bin" that the backing I found was just the thing to use....other times I find a backing that "will work". Most of the time, I use my quilts right side up, but I have a flannel one that is really bright intense primary colors....for the backing I had purchased a medium brown backing with penguins on it that had pops of bright colors on their little scarfs and hats....and I have used the quilt bottom up a few times....I got that good flannel backing for $4 a yard...It normally sold for $12. I am satisfied. Oh,and that particular fabric I bought online as I was looking for flannel to use as backing on my scrap flannel quilts as I was trying to use up my flannel scraps...I also ended up with 21 yards of a medium gray flannel that I will use too...for that I paid about $4 and I got enough that I also got the quantity discount and free shipping. .I ended up making about 10 quilts of different sizes...it was fun.