Old 10-17-2020, 06:51 AM
Iceblossom

Heehee, BattleAxe, I took on someone's Frolic mystery and haven't had enough time to work on it but need to get it done between now and Thanksgiving so I can work on the next one. I am planning to try her directions for side seams instead of my usual open seams.

There was a problem/miscount at one stage and it took me a bit to figure it out and then make the missing units. Right now all the blocks/setting units have been made and put in bags to assemble block by block.

But I'm actually having a really good time putting it together! The other person did excellent work and did most of it, I just have to put the tiny bits together into blocks and I think that's fun. Sometimes I describe my quilting as making big puzzles.

I'm definitely open to do this sort of thing again -- but two Frolics will be enough! I really enjoy the piecing part of the process and have enough quilts and enough projects for the most part, but the quilting down is my downfall. With this UFO I get what I consider the fun part and don't even have to figure out what to do with the completed top other than ship it back. Win/win as far as I'm concerned