View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 04:52 AM
sewingpup

Just got the rulers and ruler foot and working on scrap muslin and batting to get the feel of it. So far it is fun and actually easier than I thought.....You do have to know if your machine is high shank or low shank and get the right foot for your machine.....on the low shank machine you have to get a ruler that is a bit smaller than the 1/4 inch thick rulers that are used on a long arm......I have a long arm so had a couple of the 1/4 inch rulers already but did end up buying a few more from quiltingismytherapy (angela walters) and from quiltedjoy. I would suggest getting a pair of gloves or finger cots if you don't have some already to make moving the ruler and quilt easier. I so far have found that little plastic table that came with my little bernina works just fine but you can get one of those slider sheets to make it easier. I found my Bernina is neither a traditional high shank or low shank machine as Bernina did their own thing with the feet.....but I really like my pricey Bernina ruler work foot as there is a screw to allow me to really adjust the height of the foot for different thickness of quilt. Both Angela Walters and Bernina have Ruler work web events for free going on right now with videos.