Old 10-20-2020, 05:28 PM
toogie

I have been asked a few times to make tee shirt quilts. I have never made one but felt I could. At the time one asked I was working on my anniversary quilt with a lot of embroidery on every other block. I was afraid I could not meet her deadline for Christmas so I declined. I found out from my niece that works with this lady that she paid $300 for someone to make. Then she showed me the picture of the quilt. All I can say is the person who ‘quilted’ it has more value in her work than she should. A terrible job to say the least. Another drawback for me is pricing. When people see my work they say I should start selling it but I have no idea how to charge. I think most would be surprised just at the cost of fabrics. They usually have no idea. I am like another person here that commented, I am picky and probably notice things a non-sewer Wouldn’t. When I worked at a sewing factory they said as much and wanted me to pass it on. I knew what people would be charged so I wanted to do my best. Factory wanted quantity not so much quality.