View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 AM
sewingpup

The biggest fear I had was that I would not be as good as folks who have been doing this for years and do wonderful work....I keep thinking, well I will never be that good.....once I figured out that I needed to start where I was and do the best I could....and that was what was important....and now I just accept, I probably will never be as good as those prize winning quilters but when I look at what I am doing now and where I was when I first started, I get warm fuzzies....cuz I have improved....and I also found out what is important to me and why I quilt......I do not get much pleasure in hanging a art quilt on the wall.....my heart lies in making quilts to keep myself and other people warm.....and as my brother told once...."I don't care what your quilts look like....they are wonderful to sleep under".....so that is my goal...to make quilts people can wrap around themselves ......I think most of use fall more to utility quilts and their are others who do the "art quilt" thing....and it all is good....pretty things are nice to look at too....OH....and by all means.....do save the those first "somethings" you make.....take them out sometime in the future....you will be amazed at the feelings they bring up and hopefully how much you have improved....I get warm fuzzies in my heart when I look at my first very crooked, oddly quilted first bed sized quilt.