View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 10:47 AM
SusieQOH
Power Poster

My biggest hurdle in quilting has been getting better at machine quilting. I don't know why it's so hard for me but it is. I started this journey as a hand quilter but that is so time consuming and I need to find a way to finish my quilts faster. This year, though, I am finally getting better. I've designated more time to really practice. So maybe the future will be more fruitful with it
PS. Sometimes I think I'm just not ever going to get it but then I tell myself to shut up and go practice!

I just finished a double bed quilt for my cousin and while I did quilt the whole thing I don't think it looks so good. However, she knows nothing about quilting and I expect when I wash it the mistakes won't show as much. A little story- she asked me to make her a quilt and she would love it forever. Well shortly afterward my baby granddaughter arrived. I've been sewing like crazy for the baby. I think my cousin thinks I forgot about it but I didn't. I'm really excited to give it to her for Christmas.