View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Iceblossom

There are things that I have had to wait until I felt I had the skill to do, but I worked up my skills until I could. Sadly as my skills raised so did my standard, but at the same time my vision isn't doing so well and I think my best work is behind me now but there is still quite a bit of quilting left in me.

I've been working quite a bit in the last couple of years with more improvisational types of quilting, or at least things that aren't so precise.

When I was young my boyfriend was a photographer and I really understood the photo-shoots betters. They have a bunch of stuff set up and then take hundreds, thousands of pictures to get the one cover shot. No wonder my snap shots in real time looked crummy in comparison. Painters often do the same basic scene many times to get just the right one.

The nice thing about being quilters is we aren't always going to get our perfection of design -- but we can always get a warm blanket in the end

And at least for me I always learn something while making a quilt. Sometimes it's about the quilt or fabric or design, and often it's more about inner things.