View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 08:10 AM
ADJones

Default Needle Threader

Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
I purchased my Jane in July from my dealer. I love the machine. I have no FMQ skills yet, but I've quilted 3 baby and 2 twin quilts straight line (with and without a walking foot) and I'm very happy with the stitch quality. The bobbin winder is terrific; the noise level is fine, not loud, but she doesn't purr because she's a heavier-duty mechanical girl. Here's what I wish was a little better (but I'm not really complaining just laying out my observations):
You'll struggle a bit loading the bobbin unless you have skinny fingers - it's awkward to get in there.
The needle plate is not completely flat on the bed which causes issues when I'm piecing. So I cut up an old credit card and taped it between the needle plate and the edge of the bed and now the whole surface is the same level.
I cannot figure out the needle threader, and I'm not the only one who says this.

I purchased my machine for $680 which to me is a great price. And oh yes, Jane will sew with any thread I feed her.
***To use the needle threader, hook the thread on the needle threader hook on the left then make sure the tiny, almost invisible, wire goes through the needle. Follow up by passing the thread through the little teeth looking part which is around the needle. The tiny hook will catch it and slowly let go of the threader. It takes some getting use to for sure.***

I hope this helps 🙂