View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 04:28 PM
lindawmn

Default Bought a gently used Baby Lock Coronet

I know it's the same as the HandiQuilter Simply 16. I really like the two types of stitch regulation built-in. It comes with the Little Buddy frame and the roller attachment addition, the large free standing light, and casters. Was kind of in the market for a small long arm but not really ready to pull the trigger. The price on this was what sold me. I plan on only doing smaller quilts like throws and possible twins, so I don't think the size is a problem (right now). I know I can get larger frames if I choose. I tried it in the shop and the difference between quilting on that and trying to quilt on a small machine is night and day!

I'm assuming the cheap bulk bobbins from China aren't the way to go. Do y'all have favorite brands of needles/bobbins that you like? I've been reading about zip leaders vs the red snappers and haven't decided what to do yet regarding that. I'm a bit overwhelmed as I tend to be more of a garment sewer. My sister, however, quilts, and my SIL wants to learn, so it will be used by all three of us. Minimum. I'm sure when my niece sees this, she's going to jump on the bandwagon too!