Thread: Medical Scrubs
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 08:53 AM
Still Sew N

I make my daughter scrub tops for her job too. The patients and the staff love seeing her in those fun novelty prints. She has maybe 20 or so tops. Its funny because she always gets great reactions from the "Avenger" novelty print and a dog print where the same dog is printed wearing different colored sunglasses. I use McCalls 3253 (don't know if still available) and size Small fits her but she wears size L in women's T-shirts - it is a unisex pattern. Also, my husband took one of my cutting mats (that had worn out) and made a template of the front top pattern piece, drilling holes in template so that pocket line up is so much easier to transfer to fabric. Great idea husband of mine! Also I stitch a vertical line on each of the three pockets - she really needed that on her scrubs. Except for the top stitching, and a bit of stitching on the side seams, the entire garment is made on my serger. It goes together quickly. We live in CA and she lives in WA so opening up care packages with fun scrub tops always seems to make her day!